After YouTube, Spotify and Apple released their annual reviews over the past two weeks, the video streaming service is also reporting Netflix with a look back and several top 10 lists, which among other things inform about the most popular series and the most popular stars of the expiring year.
To gauge the stars’ popularity, Netflix uses an unconventional approach and has evaluated follower growth on Instagram. The top 3 reps list Netflix movies released between January 1st and November 1st, 2018 and have the highest refresh rate.
Consider the top 10 Netflix series shows between January 1st and November 1, 2018, and had the highest average viewing time per viewing session in DACH. Netflix points out, “The ranking in this list is out of all proportion to Netflix’s overall viewing experience.”
Top 10 stars 2018
Stars seen in a Netflix show in 2018 and percentage Since January, the largest follower growth on Instagram.
- 01. The Fab Five (Queer Eye)
- 02. Lana Condor
- 03. Joel Courtney (The Kissing Booth)
- 04. Miguel Herrán (Elite / House of Money)
- 05. Jaime Lorente Lopez (Elite / House of Money)
- 06. Maria Pedraza (Elite / House of Money)
- 07. Noah Centineo
- 08. Joey King (The Kissing Booth)
- 09. Hannah Gadsby (Nanette)
- 10. Kiernan Shipka (Chilling Adventures of Sabrina)
Top 10 Series 2018
Netflix series running between January 1 and November 1, 2018, and had the highest average viewing time per viewing session
- 01. The Seven Deadly Sins
- 02. On My Block
- 03. Bodyguard
- 04. The telephone operators
- 05. Collateral
- 06. Chilling Adventures of Sabrina
- 07. Haunt in Hill House
- 08. Anne with an E
- 09. Insatiable
- 10. The Rain
Top 3 reps 2018
Netflix Movies between January 1st and 1st November 2018 and have the highest repetition rate.
- 01. The Kissing Booth
- 02. To All the Boys I’ve Loved Before
- 03. Roxanne Roxanne